Sunday, August 10, 2003

I was getting ready to go out with my playlist playing in the background. Smells Like Teen Booty came on, which is a really good song to get ready to, so I started dancing and singing along as I put on my makeup. Then Stairway to Heaven came on next, but since it isn't as danceable I kept singing Smells Like Teen Booty. When Stairway to Heaven hit the instrumental bridge, I realized that my singing actually went with the music. This means that both Bootylicious and Smells Like Teen Spirit could be mashed up with Stairway to Heaven. Someone with the proper software and more musical and artistic skills then me better get right on that!

This psycho lady tried to get on the bus with an invalid transfer. The driver told her she'd have to pay her proper fare because you can't transfer your way through a round trip (at least not so obviously - I've certainly done it before, but you don't try to use a subway transfer on a bus that's going INTO a subway station). So Psycho Lady freaks out and starts threatening to contact various imposing-sounding government departments or organizations. Too bad none of them exist. There is no treasury department in Canada (there's a Treasury Board Secretariat, but they certainly wouldn't concern themselves with this), Toronto doesn't have a county clerk, and while there is a Governor General, I'm sure she wouldn't care.

I found the most gorgeous blouses ever. They are ribbed diagonally, so they are extremely flattering, and they come in at least three colours that look good on me and aren't red! (I own way too much red already) And one of these colours is exactly the same as my eyes! The only problem is they're at Fairweather's, and I had sworn not to shop there because they were mean to me. But they don't have blouses this perfect anywhere else! The label said that they're hand wash only in cold water, but I'm waiting for my mommy to rule on their real washability. Hopefully she'll say they are, in fact, hand wash only, then my decision will be made for me. But if I can put them in the washing machine, then I'll either have to be a hypocrite or go without perfect blouses.

No comments: