Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Overstock.com has good international shipping

I recently ordered something from Overstock.com. I was a bit hesitant because they ship by DHL (with which I've had bad experiences in the past), but I ultimately decided to buy it anyway because of the price and because the possibility of delivery is more convenient than having to go out to a store and schlep it home.

The first pleasant surprise is that Overstock guarantees the shipping and duty price - no COD! - which means that I can ask my super to accept the package for me.

The second pleasant surprise was when I got a Canada Post delivery notice, went to the post office, and found out that it was my Overstock order.

It turns out they use a service called DHL Globalmail for their international shipping (to Canada at least). I don't know exactly how it works, but on my end the result is that I get all the benefits of Canada Post delivery - no COD and the package ends up at the post office a block from my home rather than at some remote depot.

I'm very happy about this, and because of the convenience of the delivery I won't hesitate to order from Overstock.com again in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will depend on what you buy and where it comes from if it will end up thur CP or not. I've bought many things from OS that have come by various shipping companies. Hopefully you continue to have good experiences with them!

laura k said...

Hey, good to know. I just had a bad DHL experience, a hefty COD I wasn't expecting. I thought I was done with all that, but occasionally it still surprises me. I'll check out Overstock.com.

Brooke said...

hello good shipping services but our company same services provide and all over country services provide please this is link: http://www.shippinginternational.com/

cheap crew necks said...

great! thanks