Sunday, January 06, 2008

What should I do with an unwanted lightbulb?

I bought a specialty lightbulb for this lamp I have that takes weird bulbs, but it turned out to be the wrong kind of lightbulb. I don't want to return it to the store because I bought it at a supermarket and it only cost a couple of bucks (and they don't have the kind of bulb I really need, so I'd be tying up the customer service line during rush hour for a refund that isn't even enough for paper money).

So now I just have this weird lightbulb that no one in the world uses. I don't and never will have any use for it, but I don't want to just throw a perfectly good lightbulb in the garbage. Any thoughts on what I can do with it?

2 comments:

laura k said...

I would try Freecycling it. I've gotten rid of lots of weird stuff on Freecycle.

impudent strumpet said...

Hmmm...I'd feel kind of weird specifically scheduling a time to rendez-vous with someone just to pass on one little lightbulb.