Friday, January 25, 2008

Apartment etiquette question

There are two flyers on my neighbour's door, and they've been there for a couple of days. It kind of screams "I'm not home!" I have never, to my knowledge, met the people* who live there and have no idea whether or not they're home. The only people who will see the flyers on the door are people who live on or have business on this floor, unless someone is specifically skulking through the building casing the joint.

One flyer is advertising from the developer advertising another one of its developments, the other is information from management on how an ongoing problem is being addressed (sort of falls under "Good to know" but doesn't require action).

Should I take the flyers off? Should I recycle them? Should I attempt to slip them under the door (doesn't always work depending on how the door is) and risk being caught messing around on my neighbour's door?

*Interesting that I assume multiple people live there, even though it's a one-bedroom that I'd consider too small for a couple. I was talking to my newspaper carrier the other day, and he also assumed that two people live in my apartment. I did nothing to disavow him of the notion, if that is in fact the proper use of disavow. I'm too lazy to google it but apparently not too lazy to type out this whole sentence.

2 comments:

laura k said...

I would take them off the door and try to slip them under the door. If the flyers won't slide under the door, I'd take them, wait a few days, then leave them on the door again and see if they disappear.

I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but that's what I would do.

impudent strumpet said...

Turns out they were gone the next time I went out, which just goes to show that blogging about problems makes them go away