Thursday, April 20, 2006

The This and The That

This one word from this one Seinfeld episode has been bothering me for some time. I just couldn't hear it clearly, and the online scripts didn't seem to get it either. Today I watched that episode with the captions on, and I GOT IT!

Jerry: Now here's another little rule. When we see each other now, we retire to our separate quarters. But sometimes, when people get invloved with that, they feel pressure to sleep over. When that is not really sleep. Sleep is separate from that. And I don't see why sleep got all tied up and connected with that.


Elaine: Okay, okay. Spending the night is optional!


Jerry: Well now we're gettin' somewhere.


Elaine: What about the kiss goodnight?


Jerry: Tough one. You're call.


Elaine: It's brug-wa (?).


According to the closed captions, and I agree with this upon hearing it "brug-wa" = BOURGEOIS! Mystery solved!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have told you that!

Anonymous said...

Classic!

-Bob