Saturday, March 11, 2006

Red coats and big fuzzy hats

You know those british soldiers with the red coats and big fuzzy hats, who have to stand guard and aren't allowed to move or talk? I wonder what happens to them if they do move or talk?

When I was little, I thought they were executed if they moved. In retrospect, that's not terribly likely. And I suppose that if there is a genuine emergency they should react in some way. (Mental image of a typical cartoon robber being chased down the street by a red coat fuzzy hat guard).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They get a bollocking if they move i think its safe to say they are more just for show purposes but of course they would be capable of reacting to any situations.
They go through the same basic training as every other soldier and do all the big shows for the queen etc.
Hope that clears it up lol!

Pvt. Camby

impudent strumpet said...

It did once I looked up the word "bollocking" :)