Sunday, December 04, 2005

My Sims can't seem to wrap their brains around the concept of death

Dina and Nina Caliente started out in the same fully-furnished house.

While playing another house, I got one of my own Sims to marry Nina, thus moving her out of the Caliente house.

Then Dina died of some illness while at a party in a third house.

This should leave the Caliente house unoccupied but fully-furnished, right?

The problem is the neighbourhood screen seems to think that the house is still occupied, so I can't move a new family into it - but if I enter the house from the neighbourhood screen, it is fully furnished but unoccupied.

I suppose I could go into the neighbourhood screen and move the non-existant Caliente family out of the house, but I really want to move a new family into a fully-furnished house so I don't have to bother with furnishing it myself.

Did the EA programmers really not consider the possibility that all the members of a family might die outside of their own house?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really funny! My cousin worked for EA, so I should harrass him for you.

s said...

Maybe her ghost is still "inhabiting" the house?

Anonymous said...

Maybe check for an urn with the final remains of the Sim... that could be why the home remains 'occupied'