Saturday, June 18, 2011

In which I fail to eulogize Clarence Clemons

When I heard that Clarence Clemons passed away, my first thought was "But I just discovered him!"

My fandom for both Bruce Springsteen and Lady Gaga is very recent. I've been familiar with both of their work for a while, of course, but the youtube-marathon ipod-saturating concert-date-googling fandom for both performers started sometime in the past six months. And I only learned in the past week or so that Clarence Clemons had played with both of them, which led me to think that I really must google what else he's done. Which, of course, I procrastinated.

So tonight, in addition to mourning the loss of a musical legend, I'm mourning the loss of the opportunity to ever be properly fangirl for him.



1 comment:

laura k said...

I learned of the Lady Gaga connection through your Twitter feed (on your sidebar). You had said Bruce & LG "use the same saxophone player", and I thought, Clarence, or someone else?

Then a few days later, Clarence was gone.