Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I am superwoman!

Update to the "OMG the paper towels are behind the dryer!" saga:

I was trying to fish them out with a hook cleverly* fashioned out of a wire coathanger (yes, it only took me 2 days to think of that) when I gave the machine a frustrated push.

AND IT MOVED!

So long story short, through sheer brute force, my wimpy out of shape 150 pound body managed to move this big hulking 350 pound machine a couple of inches, which is enough to get one of my scrawny arms into the space between the machine and the wall and pull out the paper towels. The mirror is still back there somewhere, but at least it's not flammable.

That pill I missed yesterday must have upped my testosterone level or something.

*This cleverness is negated by the fact that I tried to move the machine back while the washer was running, and couldn't figure out why it was heavier all the sudden.

2 comments:

laura k said...

If you would like to show off your strength by moving my stove and refrigerator, I'd be happy to marvel at your Wonder Woman -like qualities.

I sometimes think about the food bits that have fallen in the cracks between the stove and the wall, or the fridge and the counter. Must be really gross in there.

impudent strumpet said...

Don't you have one of those long skinny vacuum attachments?