Friday, November 04, 2005

Paris is Burning (what an original headline)

Apparently there have been riots in the banlieux of Paris for like 8 straight days.

Serious question: Why haven't the rioters gotten tired yet? Eight days is a long time to do anything. That's why weekends were invented. You'd think most people would have gone home and had a rest, and maybe stayed in for a day or two to recover. I mean, I can get angry and hold grudges with the best of them, but I cannot fathom being so constantly angry as to sustain a riot for eight days.

Maybe they're really well organized? Maybe they're on shifts? I don't know. It just seriously never occurred to me that a riot wouldn't just peter out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They go home during the day. They only come out to riot once the sun goes down. It was this way in LA in 1992 as well.