Sunday, July 17, 2005

After HBP (spoiler-free)

After I finished HBP, I was wandering around in kind of a stunned trance. I went to the fan sites, posted my thoughts, read other people's thoughts, and went to bed. HP characters wandered around in my dreams (which involved the Order of the Phoenix playing Magical Ultimate Frisbee against Death Eaters on the campus of McMaster University), woke up, had a shower, developed further thoughts on HP, and went online again to deal with those. All in all, I was completely immersed in the Potterverse for about 27 straight hours.

Then I went out to buy groceries. There were people walking around in shorts carrying shopping bags, people sitting on patios, people buying salad dressing and toilet paper and coffee filters, and an adorable German Shepherd puppy that did that puppy thing where they jump up with their front paws on your legs.

It was very strange to see real life going on as usual after everything that just happened in the Potterverse.

No comments: