Saturday, January 28, 2023

Cascade Complete from the grocery store is better than Cascade Complete from Amazon

I previously tried Cascade Complete, and found it subpar and ineffective.

However, I recently ran out of dishwasher detergent, and Cascade Complete was the only one I could find in store. So I bought it, thinking it's better than nothing until I can get something else.

My first surprise is that the detergent was a different colour. My previous Cascade Complete (which I bought on Amazon) was a kind of dull greyish blue. The new one from the grocery store was a bright greenish blue.
 
My second surprise was that it worked! No food left on pans, no stained teacups, my dishes were clean!

I've been using it for some time, and it's on par with the lemon Cascade I was using before!

So maybe the Cascade I bought from Amazon was a bad batch?

So far I've only tried one bottle of Cascade from Amazon and one from the grocery store so I don't know how widespread the problem is, but I'm glad to know that the most common liquid dishwasher detergent actually works when I buy it in store!

And if I ever again get a bottle of Cascade that's dull greyish blue, I'm returning it right away.

2 comments:

Gersande said...

I rarely buy things from Amazon anymore because every time I do it comes to me defective. The last thing I tried ordering were jumbo-sized hair clips in metal, and they all came with broken springs. Sigh.

impudent strumpet said...

Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I assume I won't be able to get a legitimate product from Amazon. I only buy from them if I see no other way to get the item, and then only if it's freely returnable.

And this reluctance is even before we get into the question of labour conditions!