Saturday, June 13, 2020

O'Keeffe's Working Hands: a hand cream like any other

With all the extra pandemic handwashing, I needed to level up my hand cream game, so I decided to try O'Keeffe's Working Hands, which purports to be for dry, cracked hands resulting from manual labour.  Surely, I thought, a hand cream designed for working hands will be particularly magical on hands that normally do nothing more demanding than type, and are now being put to the test with a few extra washings a day.

Turned out, it's not particularly magical. It's no better on dry, cracked areas (or on eczema) than any other hand cream I've tried.

It's no worse than any other hand cream either, so if you feel like trying it, there's no reason not to try it.

1 comment:

laura k said...

I was very disappointed by this stuff. I found it not as good as my go-to brands.

I've been using either Cetaphil barrier cream (when I can find it) or Aveeno "active naturals". Nothing can really keep up with all the hand-washing, but this is the best I've found. Let us know if you find something amazing.