Saturday, August 11, 2018

Unwanted "healing"

A couple of years ago, my brain started doing that old-lady thing of accidentally calling people by the wrong name.

One of the most unexpected after-effects of my head injury was that my brain stopped doing this.  I can't explain why, it just...didn't happen. For months and months and months.

I'm sad to report that that's over.  In the past few weeks, the wrong name has been coming out of my mouth with pre-head-injury frequency.

I really could have done without that bit of "recovery"! Why couldn't that part of my brain stay "injured", and my vision bounce back instead??

1 comment:

laura k said...

This sounds like that cartoon/sitcom thing where if a bang on the head brought amnesia, a second bang will bring back the person's memory -- but somehow in reverse.