Monday, September 08, 2008

John Fluevog broke my heart

See these babies?

They're on sale for like 65% off.

They had them in stock.

They had them in a size 11.

And they were too narrow.

That was the first time in my entire life that a pair of shoes has been too narrow.

I have freakshow skinny feet. All my shoes need to be horizontally adjustable, or they fall right off. I can't wear regular pumps without straps because they fall right off. I can't wear flipflops because they fall right off. And yet these awesome purple shoes were too narrow.

Dear Mr. Fluevog:

I do see that you are incredibly epically cool, and therefore might not want to make shoes that just anyone can wear because that seems to be what the cool people do. But even if you don't want them to fit commoners with normal-width feet, perhaps you could consider making them at least fit people with freakshow skinny feet? Or is this all some conspiracy to torment the proles, teasing us with promises of awesome purple in large sizes at justifiable prices only to tear it all away?

No comments: