Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's official, they don't want my vote

I recently theorized, based on the campaign literature I've received so far, that the Conservative party doesn't care about me at all.

I was right, I am officially of no interest to them.

The Conservatives have given fictional names to demographic segments in the electorate that they've identified.

“Zoey” is a central city inhabitant who eats organic food and is of no interest to them; ditto with “Marcus and Fiona,” a high-income urban couple with no children and professional jobs.


I know, I'm not as cool as Zoey, Marcus and Fiona. I'm only organic when it's convenient, I'm not high-income, and I'm not in a couple household. But that's basically what I identify with and aspire to be.

I'm glad we all understand each other.

2 comments:

James Redekop said...

I guess I'm Marcus... What do they call the folks who live at Church & Wellesley? "Adam and Steve"?

impudent strumpet said...

We really need someone to leak the whole list.

And then someone has to make an internet quiz out of it. "What's Conservative voter targeting demographic name?"