Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Things They Should Invent: cupboard to dishwasher to resident to dishes algorithm

The cupboard where I keep my cups is precariously full.

And I often run out of cups (or appropriate cups, e.g. I have wineglasses but don't have any coffee mugs) before my dishwasher is full. 

I didn't have this problem in my old apartment!

I feel like someone could make an algorithm to fix this.

You enter your cubic centimetres of dishwasher rack space and cupboard shelf space, the number of people in your household, and perhaps the rate at which you use dishes in a given day (e.g. 2 mugs, 1 wine glass, 1 water glass) and it calculates the optimal number of each item for you to own. Perhaps it could even tell you how to arrange your dishes in the cupboard.

Maybe it could also do the opposite when you're buying a dishwasher: you tell it what you own and the rate at which you use it, and it finds the optimal dishwasher to fit your lifestyle.

No comments: