Saturday, February 06, 2021

Things They Should Invent: beds that adults can safely jump on

One of the delights of childhood is jumping on the bed. 

But you can't jump on the bed as an adult, because you'll break the bed.

This is a marketing opportunity!

Someone should invent beds that are sturdy enough for adults to jump on! Bonus points for them being sturdy enough for two or more adults to jump on! Extra bonus points for those two or more adults being in the 80th percentile of weight! Super duper bonus points for somehow working out a way to do this without disturbing the people in the apartment downstairs!

I have no idea how to figure out what kind of bed to buy, and I would totally buy a bed I could jump on solely on the basis that I can jump on it. 

I'm sure there would also be a market among people whose bedroom activities are particularly athletic, and an additional market among people who want to give the impression that their bedroom activities are particularly athletic.

2 comments:

Gersande La Flèche said...

I would adore being able to jump on a bed as an adult. I feel my primary obstacle is my size (height) and the low ceilings of my apartment. T_T

impudent strumpet said...

Seat drops would probably work even with a low ceiling.

(I say as though this is a real-life problem that actually needs solving)