Friday, May 31, 2019

Things the LCBO Should Invent (or, rather, re-implement)

1. Indicate on your Favourite Products list whether each product is available in your preferred store.

2. Indicate on your Favourite Products list which products are on sale.

Both of these functions were available in the previous version of their website, but were eliminated in their last website update, and it really cramps my style!

I was thrilled when the Favourite Products list was introduced, because it made the way I shop so much easier!  Whenever I particularly enjoy a product, or hear about a new product that sounds interesting, I add it to my list.  Then, next time I'm going to buy a bottle, I simply scroll through my list, see at a glance what's both on sale and in stock at my local store, and buy whichever of those items best meets my current needs.

But since they changed their website, I now have to click through to each item to see if it's on sale, and to see if it's in stock.

The new website design seems more focused on trying to get you to order online, but that also cramps my style.

Online orders take multiple days to ship, and even ordering online and picking up in store takes multiple hours. In contrast, my local LCBO store is literally across the street, so I can go buy a bottle and be back home in under 10 minutes if the lines aren't too long.

Also, the LCBO website has a minimum order of $50, whereas I tend to buy only one (cheap) bottle at a time for personal use.

(Given the LCBO's mandate, perhaps they shouldn't be incentivizing buying larger quantities all at once?  I've heard that alcoholics will drink all available alcohol, so if anything the LCBO should be incentivizing buying only one bottle at a time!)

They had a fantastic feature that met my needs perfectly, and then changed it for no apparent reason!  I wish I knew how to convince them to bring it back!

No comments: