Sunday, February 06, 2011

My subconscious does mashups

Last night, I somehow ended up watching a bunch of Springsteen videos on youtube. Then I had dream based on the Dancing in the Dark video, where an oddly attractive young Bruce Springsteen pulls a girl (who the internet swears is Courtney Cox) out from the audience to dance with him on stage. But in my dream, they started doing Billy Elliot-style dancing (like starting at 1:30 here) in perfect unison while singing Born to Run.

I think I'd actually pay good money to see that.

(Unfortunately, that was followed by a dream where I had to stay at in university residence to do on-site training and my room was infested with scorpions, so I woke up edgy despite such entertaining dreams.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The internet swears it's Courteney Cox because it IS Courteney Cox.

impudent strumpet said...

Which you're telling me with exactly as much credibility as the rest of the internet :)

Anonymous said...

Read her bio on IMDB. She wasn't an unknown (she'd done some soap opera work) but the video (for which she was hired - it wasn't random) is what propelled her to stardom. It was considered common knowledge at the time.

impudent strumpet said...

See, citing IMDB has credibility! But just saying it's Courtney Cox = youtube commenters saying it's Courtney Cox. Googleable consensus, but not something I'm going to cite without mitigations

laura k said...

I disagree that it was common knowledge at the time. I am a huge Springsteen fan and never heard this back then - that's why I was also skeptical.