Sunday, March 29, 2020

The three milk pitcher trick

I've always HATED changing milk bags. It takes me less than 30 seconds, but I HATE it.

But my mommy taught me a trick that makes it far less annoying: get three milk pitchers.

There are three bags in a 4L bag of milk. When you bring the bag of milk home, immediately put each bag in a separate pitcher. Cut open one of the bags, leave the other two sitting in the fridge.

Then, when you finish a bag, you don't have to change the milk bag, you just have to cut open the bag in the next pitcher.

I know it doesn't make sense to hear me say that, but discarding the old bag and simply opening the new bag is somehow way less annoying that changing the bag.

It also means you can wash the old pitcher with your next batch of dishes, rather than getting stuck in the "If I wash it now it will take even more time to change the milk bag, but if I don't wash it now it will be gross" trap.

I never would have thought such a simple change could save so much frustration, but it totally does! Thanks, Mom!

No comments: