I have a memory of being a preschooler looking at a picture book that included cartoonish/anthropomorphicish mice, and noticing the girl mice have bows on their tails - that's how you tell they're girls!
Does this ring a bell for anyone?
The mice wouldn't be out of place in Disney's Cinderella or in Richard Scarry, but it isn't Cinderella or Richard Scarry. (Also, in those books, the mice are wearing full outfits of clothing that you can use to tell their gender.)
They were less anthropomorphic than Mickey Mouse, but they almost certainly walked on two legs instead of four. They likely lived in houses, cooked food in kitchens, went to school, etc., but I remember them as living in "the olden days" rather than modern times. Their tails were very skinny - you could draw the tail with a single line.
I don't think the book explicitly stated that bows on the tails meant the mouse was a girl - I remember the emotion of figuring that out for myself.
Anyone happen to know the exact thing I'm talking about?
No comments:
Post a Comment