Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Monday, November 30, 2015
Books read in November 2015
New:
1. The Marvels by Brian Selznick
2. Euphoria by Lily King
3. The Fame Thief by Timothy Hallinan
4. Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling)
I don't know any of his other work. I just put this one on my library list because I saw it in Mabel's Fables while shopping for Fairy Goddaughter's birthday present, and it was the most magical-looking book I've ever seen. But it's too advanced for Fairy Goddaughter (even with her precocious taste) and was far too long to read in the store, so I had to read it myself.
Ooo, Brian Selznick! Have you read Wonderstruck and the Invention of Huge Cabret? Is this book in the same style?
ReplyDeleteI don't know any of his other work. I just put this one on my library list because I saw it in Mabel's Fables while shopping for Fairy Goddaughter's birthday present, and it was the most magical-looking book I've ever seen. But it's too advanced for Fairy Goddaughter (even with her precocious taste) and was far too long to read in the store, so I had to read it myself.
ReplyDeleteI just read The Marvels. I had a few minor issues but I really enjoyed it.
ReplyDelete* Hugo. Not Huge. Could be an amusing typo.