If the powers that be want people to buy Canadian-made products, they need to make it easy for us to find Canadian-made products. If I want drinking glasses, for example, and I want them to be Canadian-made, all I can do is wander from store to store checking where their drinking glasses were made. No one has time to do that!
What they should do is make a website of every single product that is made in Canada - searchable and categorized - along with a complete list of where to buy these products both in person and online. Then I can go to this website, look up drinking glasses, and see what's available and how much it costs and where to buy it.
Brilliant idea.
ReplyDeleteIn the US, it would be a very easy website to create. It would be practically blank.
I don't know if Canada is quite as bad yet.
Wikipedia is working on it. So far it's mostly cars.
ReplyDelete