Friday, October 10, 2014

Toronto Ward 22 Councillor candidates Sarfraz Khan, Bob Murphy and James O'Shaughnessy

Attention Sarfraz Khan, Bob Murphy, and James O'Shaughnessy:

I am a Ward 22 voter, and I don't feel I can vote for the position of councillor unless I know about more than one candidate's platform.

I haven't been able to find any of your platforms. They aren't listed on the City of Toronto Elections website, googleable, or findable on social media.

So please post your platform somewhere online, and inform the City of Toronto Elections people of its location so they can add it to their website.  If you create a twitter profile with a link to your platform, and put #topoli and #Ward 22 in the description, your electorate will find you. (Also, if you post it in the comments here, it will become googleable within a couple of days.)

By doing so, you'll be giving the people of Ward 22 an alternative to simply voting for the loudest person by default.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here here! Why can't we find ANYTHING on the other candidates of Ward 22? I won't give my vote to the only candidate who posts their platform - I'll destroy my ballot first.

Anonymous said...

I agree - I cannot locate information on Ward 22 candidates Khan, Murphy and O'Shaughnessy. How can I make an informed decision...

Anonymous said...

Same. Very frustrated and disappointed.

Anonymous said...

you can hear the ward 22 candidates debate here...

http://rogerstv.com/page.aspx?lid=237&rid=16&gid=216741

at least these three Sarfraz Khan, Josh Matlow, Bob Murphy

but, no O'shaughnessy

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can't find anything about them because they basically have no platform and no expectation of winning, which makes me wonder why they even bothered to run. If that's not the case then they needed to do a much better job of getting their platforms online. Feels like a communist country where there's only one candidate on the ballot.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. On my journey to the poll today I realized I had no clue who the other candidates were. Ward 22 .
I recall that the 2010 Ward 22 candidates were fairly vibrant and robust in there presence and efforts. Maybe this is a leap year.
I would even have voted for The Great Pumpkin this time.