Monday, April 12, 2010

Teach me Ebay etiquette

An ebay shipper used a very inconvenient courier (Canpar? WTF?), and I had no indication from their posting that they were going to do so.

I have no complaints about the transaction itself, but I would have liked to know going in that they were using Canpar instead of regular mail.

Is it appropriate to mention in the feedback (for the benefit of other buyers) that they shipped by Canpar? Is it appropriate to send them a message mentioning that I would have appreciated knowing how they shipped?

1 comment:

laura k said...

I would definitely send them a message first asking for clarification or mentioning your discontent with the non-disclosure of unusual shipper.

But I would also mention it politely in feedback. Something along the lines of "please note this seller uses an unusual shipper, you might want to ask about it first".

Canpar?? WTF.