Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fashion advice please

Normally I wear crappy cheap jewellery because I'm not good at jewellery so I don't want to spend too much on something that may or may not work. But now I need to get a few earrings in real gold or silver to keep my existing piercings calm and happy while I add new ones.

Yellow gold looks better with my skin tone and colouring, but it's old fashioned. People my age don't often wear it, it's more often worn by people my parents' age. White gold or silver is more age-appropriate, but doesn't work as well with my skin tone.

Which one should I go for?

4 comments:

laura k said...

Silver as first choice, white gold as second.

Unless you find something really beautiful and special in yellow gold, and it's very high quality gold, it's going to look old-fashioned and weird on a person your age.

Also note that poor quality white gold can look like stainless steel.

laura k said...

Also don't worry about your skin tone and colouring. Most people don't notice that in the context of jewelry.

impudent strumpet said...

LOL, half the metal in my existing jewellery probably is stainless steel.

laura k said...

Oops, sorry. Mine is mostly silver. I have stainless steel too.