Monday, June 13, 2005

Fido voice-recognition sucks!

Fido switched to a voice-recognition menu rather than a push-button menu for upgrading accounts. But their voice recognition SUCKS! It doesn't recognize my voice at all! It doesn't recognize me saying the word "Yes". And I have a Standard Canadian accent (Fido is a Canadian company) and English is my first language! What really sucks is that you can't even push the buttons for the push-button system, so I'm stuck waiting for an agent! BOO FIDO! Bring back the press one press two system!

Edited to make this post actually useful: If Fido voice recognition doesn't work for you, try the following:

1. Call from a landline instead of your cell.
2. If you're a woman, get a man to do it. (In general, voice-recognition software tends to like men better). If you don't have a man handy, pretend to be a man.
3. If you can manage to speak to an agent, tell them, in your best Standard Canadian accent, that the voice recognition doesn't understand you.
4. Go to www.fido.ca, click on the "Contact us" link, and send them a message telling them that the voice recognition doesn't understand you.

I don't know what they'll tell you to help you because they haven't emailed me back, but perhaps a critical mass of people who can't use the voice recognition will help change their minds.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to let you know, Strumpet, that Fido was bought by Rogers a year or two back. They decided to keep it "as Fido", but they are slowly integrating their "NO HUMAN" policy into it.

Does the Fido Voice have a name? (It's not "Melanie" by chance is it?)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the only way to get Melanie to do ANYTHING is to rudely interrupt her. In my day job, I sell paygo minutes, and customers invariably complain that Melanie is slow and stupid, and treats them like children, but when I suggest that they interrupt her and snap orders at her to expediate things, people are really reluctant to be "rude"! You know you're Canadian when....

impudent strumpet said...

The Fido one is named Andrea, so naturally she refuses to listen to me at all. It's terribly bothersome though, because the previous system you could check your balances and refill your account just by pressing buttons - no human being necessary. Now with the voice system, I have to spew profanity at it until it lets me talk to a real human being. It can't understand my saying "yes" and saying numbers for me to refill my account myself!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

No prescription didronel Cheap provera Now rogaine 10mg tamiflu Visa/Mastercard/Amex/eCheck purim Buy flovent aerosol