Friday, May 13, 2005

Random questions that occur to me

1. Why on earth would anyone own a pager in the 21st century? Cell-phones can do the exact same job, plus you can use them as a phone!

2. What exactly is wrong with ankle bracelets? The general consensus seems to be that they're tacky, with the tacit implication that the wearer is a whore, but I don't understand why. For me, they evoke no more visceral a reaction than a normal bracelet or a pair of earrings. Were they once some kind of secret code to indicate that the wearer is up for casual sex or something?

2 comments:

The Zombieslayer said...

I find ankle bracelet's extremely sexy. Of all the jewelry, it's my favorite. Probably because I'm a legs guy, but I don't think here in California, USA, that people see them as slutty.

impudent strumpet said...

I don't know if they actually are considered slutty. The word I always hear is "tacky", but I don't know in what way.