Monday, May 02, 2005

Almay wants me to look like a child experimenting with her mother's cosmetics

I saw a commercial saying that Almay has special shadows specifically designed to bring out your eye colour, so I went to the drugstore to look at them, to see what colours someone with green eyes should be wearing.

Apparently I'm supposed to wear plum on my lids, dark green in my crease, and light green on my browbone.

That seems a tad ill-advised, no?

Interestingly, the colours they had for hazel eyes were very close to what I'm wearing now, which might be why my eye colour has been mistaken for brown by parties who shall remain nameless. I would like my eyes to look as green as possible, but I don't think green and purple shadow is quite the way to go...

1 comment:

s said...

OMG, I hate that commercial! Have you noticed that the voiceover says "gullections" instead of "collections?" Argh!