Thursday, March 17, 2005

Parenting

There was a gentleman in front of me in the grocery store with two small children. He was being very kind and calm and patient with them, asking them nicely to do whatever he wanted them to do and explaining why. "Melissa, could you come over here so you're out of that lady's way so she can put her groceries on the conveyer belt?" "Johnny, can you take this bag please? We have too many bags for just me to carry, so everyone has to carry something."

I was standing in line behind him admiring his parenting style, when suddenly it occurred to me: he has to be like this ALL THE TIME!!!! He has to be calm and uber-patient every single moment of every single day!

If I wasn't already a non-breeder, that would put me off having children!

1 comment:

impudent strumpet said...

Only if you want me doing experiments on your children!