Thursday, March 17, 2005

An interesting take on the Sorting Hat

This Sorting Hat quiz is interesting. The questions are very different and you can't always tell which choice goes with which House.

One of the questions is "Which House do you want to be in?" As I've mentioned in the past, I think I'm halfway between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, and I'm not sure which house I'd prefer [I was going to say "in real life", but this is a fictional universe...]. So first I took it saying that I want to be in Hufflepuff, and I got:
Squib
You scored 12% Slytherin, 24% Ravenclaw, 20% Gryffindor, and 40% Hufflepuff!
Are you sure that you belong at Hogwarts? You show no defined personal characteristics and therefore no house preference. Perhaps you should seriously consider a lucrative career in dentistry or tax preparation -- or allow the Sorting Hat to redetermine your place at a later date.
Then I took it saying taht I want to be in Ravenclaw, and I got:
RAVENCLAW!
You scored 12% Slytherin, 60% Ravenclaw, 28% Gryffindor, and 36% Hufflepuff!
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.

Ravenclaws are known for their intelligence, ingenuity, and lifelong thirst for knowledge.
I guess this means that I'm more of a Ravenclaw than a Hufflepuff, so my 11-year-old self would be sorted correctly even if the Sorting Had DID listen to her!

No comments: