Sunday, February 15, 2004

Extremely bizarre dream. This occurred as I was waiting to fall back asleep after an early-morning trip to the loo. I was lying in shavasna (no, I don't know how to spell any yoga positions), and fell into a lucid dream. My dream-self was also lying in bed in shavasna, waiting for sleep to overtake her, when she heard a key in the door. Since there's only one person who has a key to my apartment, my dream-self tried to call mi cielito's name, but she couldn't. She tried to open her eyes to see him, but she couldn't. Then she realized that it wasn't mi cielito and tried to see who it was, but she couldn't get her eyes all the way open. My conscious self realized it was a dream, and forced me to wake up. It was extremely bizarre because when I woke up the room looked exactly like it did in my dream, only it was like someone had adjusted the tint setting on a TV - the colours were a bit off.

So then, satisfied that there was no one in the apartment, I closed my eyes and went back to sleep. Same thing happened again. Dream-self heard a key in the door. Tried to call out, but couldn't. Tried to force her eyes open, but this time my sister was standing there beside my bed. Conscious self said "This is ridiculous!" and forced me awake.

I rolled my eyes at the stupidity of this dream, then closed my eyes and fell back into my dream state. Same thing. Key in door. Can't call out. Try to pry eyes open. This time my dream-self can't pry my eyes open at all, but I know that it's A Bad Guy. Conscious self says "That's why you can't open your eyes, you can never see Bad Guys in your dreams." Conscious self then promptly ends the dream.

I wake up, look around (no Bad Guys), and ponder why I keep having these dreams. Since I'm still in shavasna and my dream-self was in shavasna, I decide to roll over onto my side. I then slept three more hours undisturbed by bad dreams.

No comments: